Here are some mistakes others have made that you can avoid:
- Assuming that you cannot afford a mover without gathering any estimates.
- Getting an estimate from just one moving company.
- Considering only price.
- Not understanding the different types of estimates offered by movers.
- Not checking out the mover’s reputation.
- Not getting adequate answers to questions on the mover’s liability and insurance.
- Not understanding the inventory, order of service, or the bill of lading—the contract between you and the mover.