- Find out about auto registration at your new location.
- If you are moving in or out of an apartment, arrange for use of the elevator.
- Find new homes for plants and pets that will not be moved.
- Make child care arrangements for moving day.
- Dispose of items that cannot be moved, such as inflammable liquids.
- Have your moving sale.
- Call local charities for pickup of unwanted items, making sure you get a donation receipt for taxes.
- Service your car in preparation for the move.
- Cancel current newspaper delivery.
- Notify creditors of your new address.
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of medications and that they are with you as you travel.
- Return library books and other borrowed items.
- Retrieve any loaned items.
- Transfer prescriptions and medical records as needed.
- Start collecting a file folder of information to leave for the new owner of your home, such as appliance manuals.
← One Month to Moving Day
One Week to Moving Day →